At GGA, girls will use their voices to become leaders on issues that matter most to them. They will build the academic and interpersonal skills needed for success, contentment and a positive impact on the world now and in the future.
Research surveying high school girls in both girls schools and coed schools found that girls attending all-girls schools report better learning experiences than their counterparts attending co-ed institutions. In particular, they report:
- having higher aspirations and motivation
- being challenged to achieve more
- being more engaged in the learning process
- being more likely to engage in activities that prepare them for real-world rigors
- more often experiencing safe and welcoming learning environments
- gaining more facility with skills such as writing, speaking, critical thinking, and independent learning, and
- experiencing more support from classmates, teachers, and other school staff
Note: When Girls Global Academy uses the terms “girls” or “young women,” we are referring to how our students may choose to identify themselves. We welcome non-binary students who believe the supportive community we provide along with our rigorous academic program is optimal for their high school experience. GGA is designed to be an inclusive, safe, and dynamic learning environment for any girl in the District.