Join Our Team!
Girls Global Academy is a community of dedicated innovators who believe girls matter. Through our daily work, we are committed to actions that equip the next generation of leaders to navigate the world with confidence and compassion to succeed in any path they may choose. Our approach to education will allow girls to develop strong voices that inspire change.
GGA started in the Fall of 2020 and will have our first graduating class in 2024. Starting and growing a school is hard work, so GGA staff are empowered to take ownership over the work and have a responsibility to each of our students. Our staff is truly a team that is resilient, has an all-hands-on-deck mentality, and faces complexity and challenges head on with clear communication. All founding members believe in our students, maintaining our strong community norms for interpersonal interactions, and in our four pillars of sisterhood, scholarship, service, safety.
Because you matter – this is who we are looking for:
- You are highly qualified and mission oriented
- You are passionate about all girls’ high school education
- You are flexible and adaptable to change and excited about working in a start-up school environment
- You are a self-starter, problem solver and are growth oriented
- You are committed to assisting the school becoming a Tier 1 School
If you meet these ideals – we want to speak with you about joining our team!
About Our School
Girls Global Academy (GGA) is an all-girls public charter high school in Washington, DC. We will provide a diverse group of young women a global education that ignites empowerment and develops confidence to influence change for global benefit. Our school’s program has three primary focuses:
- International Baccalaureate academics, combined with distinctive engineering and business pathways;
- A school culture that values all learners by working daily to fulfill the four promises of sisterhood, scholarship, service and safety;
- Service learning projects that extend rigorous academics to provide experiences outside the classroom.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SY 2021 - 2022
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis starting in December 2020.
All candidates will have their resume reviewed, selected candidates will be invited to a quick phone call to learn more about GGA and if there is a good fit will be invited to interview with school leadership.
No phone calls please.
Anticipated Start Date – July 26th, 2021
GGA Provides competitive salary and benefits.
Hiring for SY21-22 team includes the following positions:
Social Studies Teacher
World Language Teacher
Student Supports Team
Coordinator/ Director of Special Education
Licensed Professional Counselor
Response to Intervention Specialist
Special Education Teacher
Director of Culture
Special Projects Associate
Girls Global Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.