Join our Founding Team!
Girls Global Academy is a community of dedicated innovators who believe girls matter. Through our daily work, we are committed to actions that equip the next generation of leaders to navigate the world with confidence and compassion to succeed in any path they may choose. Our approach to education will allow girls to develop strong voices that inspire change.
What does it mean to be founding? GGA is starting its first year in the Fall of 2020 and will have our first graduating class in 2024. Starting and growing a school is hard work, so founding members are empowered to take ownership over the work and have a responsibility to each of our students. Our founding team is truly a team that is resilient, has an all-hands-on-deck mentality, and faces complexity and challenges head on with clear communication. All founding members believe in our students, maintaining our strong community norms for interpersonal interactions, and in our four pillars of sisterhood, scholarship, service, safety.
GGA is Hiring!
Hiring Timeline for 2020-2021 School Year
Applications – Ongoing
Anticipated Start Date – July 20th, 2020
GGA Provides competitive salary and benefits.
The founding team includes the following positions:
(Project Lead the Way Curriculum)
(High School of Business Curriculum)
Social Studies Teacher
English Language Learner Teacher
Special Education Teacher
World Language Teacher
Physical Education Teacher
Student Supports Team
Student Support Services Coordinator
Response to Intervention Specialist
Licensed Professional Counselor
Because you matter – this is who we are looking for:
- You are highly qualified and mission oriented
- You are passionate about all girls’ high school education
- You are flexible and adaptable to change and excited about working in a start-up school environment
- You are a self-starter, problem solver and are growth oriented
- You are committed to assisting the school becoming a Tier 1 School
If you meet these ideals – we want to speak with you about joining our team!
About Our School
Girls Global Academy (GGA) is an all-girls public charter high school in Washington, DC. We will provide a diverse group of young women a global education that ignites empowerment and develops confidence to influence change for global benefit. Our school’s program has three primary focuses:
- International Baccalaureate academics, combined with distinctive engineering and business pathways;
- A school culture that values all learners by working daily to fulfill the four promises of sisterhood, scholarship, service and safety;
- Service learning projects that extend rigorous academics to provide experiences outside the classroom.
Girls Global Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.