Welcome to Girls Global Academy Enrollment!
- New Student Registration: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 – Monday, May 3, 2021 at 4pm
- Re-enrollment: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 – Friday, May 7th, 2021 at 4pm
- New Student Registration and Re-enrollment Saturday: April 24th, 2021 (10am – 2pm)
New Student Registration (NSR) and Re-enrollment for Returning Families
- Monday – Friday: 9am – 3pm
In-person appointments available but must be pre-scheduled by emailing or calling our Admissions Coordinator.
Address: Girls Global Academy
733 8th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
Contact: Julie Shepperson, Admissions Coordinator
Phone: 202.600.4822 ext.105
MSDC will release the 2021-2022 lottery results on Friday, April 2, 2021, in your family portal. In addition, you will receive an email from GGA with details pertaining to your New Student Registration (NSR) process. Note: GGA will be closed for Spring Break, Monday, April 5, 2021 – Friday, April 9, 2021.
MSDC Post lottery applications are currently being accepted. To submit an application, follow the steps listed below.
- Submit an application via myschooldc.org.
- Select up to 12 schools on one application.
- Rank schools in order according to your true liking.
For additional information or assistance please email email@example.com or call 202.600.4822 ext. 105 to reach our Admissions Coordinator, Julie Shepperson.
Congratulations and welcome to Girls Global Academy (GGA)! We are excited that you have been matched with our school through the My School DC (MSDC) Lottery and look forward to providing an amazing educational journey!
To secure your seat, the enrolling parent/guardian must complete the steps, sign the required forms and submit the required documents listed below by the May 3, 2021 deadline. The enrolling parent/guardian is defined as the student’s biological parent or a court-appointed person who will submit their proof of DC residency.
GGA believes in access for all, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.600.4822 ext. 105 for technical support, translation service, assistance with completing your forms, and additional information regarding documentation to submit.
Finally, the deadline to accept and complete your NSR is Monday, May 3, 2021, at 4 pm. If you do not complete your NSR by the deadline, we will offer your seat to the next student on our waiting list. If you have any questions, please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Julie Shepperson on 202.600.4822 ext. 105.
We will use PowerSchool’s online Enrollment Express registration form. The enrolling parent/guardian will receive an email from Enrollment Express with instructions to create your account on Monday, April 12, 2021. The enrolling parent/guardian is defined as the biological parent or court-appointed person who will submit their proof of DC residency. NOTE: My School DC no longer requires schools to collect the Seat Acceptance Form as part of their registration process. However, the enrollment confirmations listed below are still enforced and I understand that:
- I cannot maintain enrollment at more than one school for the 2021-22 school year and I am confirming my enrollment at Girls Global Academy.
- I am giving up my space at my current school for next school year (2021-22) and my current school will be notified that my space may be awarded to another family.
- If I enroll as a result of receiving a waitlist offer from Girls Global Academy, I will be removed from the waitlists of all schools ranked below this school on my My School DC application.
Step 1: Complete the online & required fillable forms
- PowerSchool Online Registration Form - Enrollment Express (Link and instructional video not available yet.)
- The enrolling parent/guardian will receive an email from Enrollment Express with instructions to create your account on Monday, April 12, 2021.
- OSSE DC Residency Verification Form
- This form must be signed in-person or via DocuSign, which will be sent by Girls Global during your virtual appointment to finalize your NSR. (Mobile friendly)
- DOH Authorization for Emergency Medical Treatment Form
- OSSE Home Language Survey Form
Step 2: Provide required supporting documents
Forms can be uploaded in Enrollment Express prior to submitting, emailed to email@example.com or submitted in-person during your review and certification process.
- Supporting documentation to prove residency in the District of Columbia.
- Acceptable Methods to Prove Residency in the District of Columbia. (Not available yet.)
- Parent/Guardian photo ID.
- Student Birth Certificate (Passports are not acceptable)
- Court order/Caregiver Documentation (Adopted parents or legal guardians ONLY if applicable)
- DC Health|Universal Health Certificate & immunization report (Expires one year after the exam date.)
- DC Health|Oral Health Assessment. (Expires one year after the exam date.)
- Transcript & Progress/Report Card - Recurring Students
- IEP/504 Plan (if applicable) - Recurring Students
Step 3: Schedule your Virtual or In-person Appointment
During your virtual or in-person appointment, we will review and certify your documents to finalize your registration. To schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.600.4822 ext.105 when you have completed the previous steps.
Medical FormsGGA adheres to DC Law that requires each student attending a DC public school or public charter school to present valid written immunization certification, documenting that they have been successfully immunized in accordance with current Department of Health immunization requirements, to their school prior to the first day of classes.
Immunization compliance is documented by submitting a completed Universal Health Certificate to the school at the time of enrollment.
The list of required immunizations and applicable medical forms are available below. Additional translations can be found HERE.
- DC Health|Oral Health Assessment
- DC Health Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Opt-Out Certificate
- DC Health Medication & Medical Procedure Treatment Plan
- No Shots, No School
- School Immunization Requirement Guide
- District of Columbia Immunization Policy for In-Person Attendance
- DC Pediatric Immunizations Locations
Uniform & Dress Code Policy
School Calendar & Lunch Menu (Lunch menu not available yet.)