Join us for an Open House!
- Tuesday, June 27, 2023
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023
Get to Know GGA
Learn about Enrollment
- My School DC Lottery Matched Student Enrollment Deadline:: Friday, March 31, 2023
- My School DC Lottery Results Released:: Monday, May 1, 2023
- 2 English
- 2 Mathematics
- 2 Social Studies
- 2 Science At least 5 credits in other subjects
How would your daughter thrive in a high school focused on the unique needs of girls?
A high school that nurtures a network of sisters and mentors your daughter can rely on.
A high school that builds the academic skills your daughter needs to succeed in a global economy.
A high school that will develop your daughter’s leadership skills and commitment to serve her community.
A high school that creates a space where your daughter matters and can advocate for herself.
Interested in learning more about Girls Global Academy?Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Research surveying high school girls in both girls schools and coed schools found that girls attending all-girls schools report better learning experiences than their counterparts attending co-ed institutions. In particular, they report:
- having higher aspirations and motivation
- being challenged to achieve more
- being more engaged in the learning process
- being more likely to engage in activities that prepare them for real-world rigors
- more often experiencing safe and welcoming learning environments
- gaining more facility with skills such as writing, speaking, critical thinking, and independent learning, and
- experiencing more support from classmates, teachers, and other school staff
Note: When Girls Global Academy uses the terms “girls” or “young women,” we are referring to how our students may choose to identify themselves. We welcome non-binary students who believe the supportive community we provide along with our rigorous academic program is optimal for their high school experience. GGA is designed to be an inclusive, safe, and dynamic learning environment for any girl in the District.
- Admissions: Our admissions policy will not discriminate based on economic factors. Our admissions process is transparent. Materials about our program are in multiple languages.
- Safety: In our planning year, the GGA founding team will develop a robust plan for physical and emotional safety. GGA will include specific structures to ensure that our girls’ well being is accounted for through inclusiveness, social-emotional learning, and trauma-informed training for staff. Making GGA a safe haven will give our girls the freedom to be who they are.
- Language: Our language policy recognizes that language is essential to learning, cultivates students’ preferred languages, and ensures that practices are inclusive for students who are learning in a language other than their primary language. We will have a full-inclusion school model for English Language Learners.
- Gender Identity: For students who identify as LGBTQ+, GGA is a safe and secure space free from bullying, harassment, and other negative behaviors based on confirmed gender identity, gender expression, gender questioning, and transgender identity.
- Citizenship Status: Our citizenship policy includes educational access and accompanying resources for support to undocumented students.
- Students with Disabilities: GGA believes that all girls can succeed at high levels with the appropriate supports. All students will have access to the same rich, rigorous, inquiry-based global curriculum and standards. Students with disabilities will be held to the same standards as all of our other girls while receiving appropriate services, modifications, and accommodations as outlined in their IEPs and 504 plans .
- English Language Learners: We will have a full-inclusion school model for ELLs. All students will have equal access to all programs and services including instructional services (e.g., tutoring), support services, art programs, technology programs, and athletics. English language learners will receive tiered supports based on their English proficiency.