Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: At GGA, unique learning profiles, learning differences, and diversity are respected and valued as assets. Our inclusion policy focuses on what students can do and establishes norms for the development of students’ authentic interests and talents, meaningful and equitable access to our curriculum, and reasonable accommodations to support learning. In addition, GGA policies and plans across the board intentionally support diversity and inclusion:
- Admissions: Our admissions policy will not discriminate based on economic factors. Our admissions process is transparent. Materials about our program are in multiple languages.
- Safety: In our planning year, the GGA founding team will develop a robust plan for physical and emotional safety. GGA will include specific structures to ensure that our girls’ well being is accounted for through inclusiveness, social-emotional learning, and trauma-informed training for staff. Making GGA a safe haven will give our girls the freedom to be who they are.
- Language: Our language policy recognizes that language is essential to learning, cultivates students’ preferred languages, and ensures that practices are inclusive for students who are learning in a language other than their primary language. We will have a full-inclusion school model for English Language Learners.
- Gender Identity: For students who identify as LGBTQ+, GGA is a safe and secure space free from bullying, harassment, and other negative behaviors based on confirmed gender identity, gender expression, gender questioning, and transgender identity.
- Citizenship Status: Our citizenship policy includes educational access and accompanying resources for support to undocumented students.
- Students with Disabilities: GGA believes that all girls can succeed at high levels with the appropriate supports. All students will have access to the same rich, rigorous, inquiry-based global curriculum and standards. Students with disabilities will be held to the same standards as all of our other girls while receiving appropriate services, modifications, and accommodations as outlined in their IEPs and 504 plans .
- English Language Learners: We will have a full-inclusion school model for ELLs. All students will have equal access to all programs and services including instructional services (e.g., tutoring), support services, art programs, technology programs, and athletics. English language learners will receive tiered supports based on their English proficiency.