Arrive by Car
Dismiss by Car
Students can arrive between 7:45 AM and 8:10 AM.
Students will be dismissed at 3:30 PM. All students need to be off campus by 4:30 PM.
ALL CARS DRIVE G St. to H St.Students arriving by car:
This is a school zone and the speed limit during drop off and pick up is 5 MPH. Please help us make the drop off efficient and safe by following the process.
There is no parking in this zone on school days Monday – Friday from 7:00AM – 5:00PM.
- Follow the direction of the staff member directing the process.
- Drivers should enter 8th street from G Street. Form a single file car line to the Drop Off Zone.
- The student Drop Off Zone is alongside the entire curb at the front of the school.
- Pull forward to the front of the drop off zone to allow other cars to enter the drop off zone so that multiple students can exit their cars simultaneously.
- For the safety of our students, do not drop students off in the middle of the street or attempt to pass cars in front of you.
- Drivers should not exit their vehicles. If you need to leave your vehicle during this time, please find a parking spot somewhere else to not disrupt student drop off.
- Students should exit the car from the passenger side and along the curb for safety reasons.
Public Transportation: Metro and BusesStudents who are taking public transportation are encouraged to find a travel buddy and use the south or west entrance of Gallery Place metro station. When exiting the building, students should proceed directly to the metro or bus stop.
Entry Process for Students and FamiliesCOVID restrictions still require us to not admit any unnecessary visitors. If you need to visit the school or staff for scheduled meetings, here is the process:
Student entry between 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM:
- Students will enter into the building through the main GGA entrance at 733 8th st.
- Upon entering the building students will go down the stairs on the right side of the entryway and wait in line to enter the cafeteria.
- Students will be checked in for attendance, checked for uniform, and then invited to eat breakfast until dismissed upstairs.
- Students arriving later than 8:15 AM are considered TARDY.
- Students will enter into the building through the main GGA entrance at 733 8th St.
- Upon entering students will press the ring button and wait at the front entrance to be escorted in.
- Students will be allowed to go down stairs to their locker and then go to class.
- Families will enter into the building through the main GGA entrance at 733 8th st.
- Upon entering families will press the ring button and wait at the front entrance to be escorted in.
- Families will be escorted to the area of their meeting.
- Students leaving earlier than 3:30 PM need to let the main office know asap: 202-600-4822 ext 100.
- There is no early dismissal between 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM.