Dear Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) and Student(s),
Girls Global Academy is committed to creating a school culture where students are able to uphold our four pillars: Sisterhood, Scholarship, Safety and Service. In order to ensure that GGA students are able to receive uninterrupted learning time; effective Lunes, Noviembre 29th, 2021, there will be a change in our cell phone policy and procedure.
Our current mobile cell phone and electronic devices policy states “Mobile (cell) phones, iPads, smart watches, or other electronic devices are not allowed to be used during the instructional day. If a student brings a cell phone to school, it must be kept in their locker.” Unfortunately, this has not been upheld and has been detrimental to our school culture.
Listed below are the reasons for this change:
- Reducing social stress and anxiety
- Maximizing classroom learning and instructional time
- Promoting face to face interaction
- Decreasing digital misconduct resulting in student altercation
- Encouraging appropriate phone and technology usage
Please read the new policy change attached to this email. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter!
GGA Leadership Team